What is a Far Infrared Sauna?
A Far Infrared Sauna (FIRS) combines the heat of a sauna (a Finnish word meaning “warm space”) with the electromagnetic energy of infrared radiation. Infrared radiation has wavelengths slightly longer in measurement than those of visible light. The diagram below shows where infrared radiation fits along the electromagnetic spectrum:
Infrared radiation is the means by which approximately half of the thermal energy emitted by the Sun is able to travel almost 93 million miles to heat Earth. In other words, infrared radiation facilitates the travel of heat, sometimes across great distances. This phenomenon is how FIRS can heat the human body beyond the surface of the skin, generating benefits of improved circulation, tissue oxygenation, and detoxification.
Benefit of FIRS
- Detoxification of carcinogenic heavy metals such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury.
- Excretion of BPA (bisphenol A) an endocrine disruptor which can interfere with reproductive health and increase risk of cancer and diabetes.
- Improved circulation and tissue oxygenation contributes to cardiovascular function, skin health, and wound healing.
- Facilitation of weight loss through stimulation of metabolism
- Can relieve the pain and swelling associated with arthritis and sports injuries
How To Prepare for Your Session
In order to safely enjoy your sauna session, please take the following steps in preparation:
- Be well-hydrated! Drink at least 8 oz of filtered water from a glass container an hour before your sauna. We will provide filtered water and glasses for rehydration following your session. AVOID BOTTLED WATER FROM PLASTIC CONTAINERS. This might contain the endocrine disruptor BPA.
- Bring two clean towels. One to sit upon and one to towel off following your session.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
Sauna Detoxification Support
In order to get the maximum detoxification benefit from your sauna while at the same time protecting your body from the symptoms of detoxification we offer a pre and post sauna detoxification support.