LYMPHATIC ENHANCEMENT THERAPY (L.E.T.)
Basic overview of the therapy
This therapy is designed to detoxify the soft tissue, improve immune system function, and to reduce swelling and congestion in the tissues. When the lymph system gets sluggish or blocked, inflammation begins and it becomes a breeding ground for viruses, bacteria and even cancer cells. A series of sessions is the most effective way to achieve the best results.
What you can expect during a session
The treatments are done in a relaxed massage setting, but this is not a massage. You will need to disrobe, but you are covered during the session. There is delicate manual work that targets specific lymphatic structures, but most of the session is done using the Lymphstar Pro Fusion. This device uses several different types of vibrational energy that are recognized by the body to encourage healing. The machine works in 3 ways:
* Electrostatic Current – A safe, highly regulated electrostatic field. This is an electric current at extremely low amperage. This current activates the parasympathetic nervous system (turns off “fight or flight” response). It also ionizes the tissue, which causes waste that is collected and sitting in the soft tissue to break apart, move into the lymph system where it is flushed out of the body.
* Sound Waves – Frequencies and harmonics emitted from the device are between 0 and 1,000 hz, These frequencies resonate in the body with specific organs and tissues, helping to restore them to a balanced state. These sound waves also have a mechanical effect on the waste in the tissue, allowing it to break up.
* Light Therapy – Near infrared, red LED, and blue light are also used. Near Infrared and red light help to reduce inflammation, swelling, and discomfort. The blue light helps to balance the hormones in the body.
What will you need to do to prepare for treatment
Make sure you are well hydrated for a day or so before your visit, and afterward. This will help to prevent any unpleasant side effects. No lotion or cream on the skin, or deodorant. It can be brought with and put on after.
What you can expect after treatment
The treatment itself feels very gentle and delicate while you are experiencing it. We are encouraging detoxification of tissue that may have many years of waste and toxins built up in. Some people will feel a little current and some fluid movement. A list of possible symptoms is below.
Most Common Side Effects
- Post nasal drainage
- Feeling the need to swallow
- Feeling tired or sleepy
- Darker or more intense urine
- More plentiful bowel movement
- Jaw and clavicles more visible
- Easier breathing if sinuses were congested
- Brain fog reduction
- Deep sleep the night of a session
Rare, but Possible Side Effects
- Mild nausea
- Slight Headache
- Slight Dizziness
- Feeling flu-like symptoms
- Anxious (this is usually brief – during a session)
Some people may not feel anything during or after a treatment. That doesn’t mean they didn’t get the benefits.
Who can benefit from this treatment
As long as they don’t have contraindications (listed on reverse), anyone. However, peoples’ sensitivity levels need to be considered, and are assessed early on. It is safe for infants up to elderly, and even animals.
* Congestive Heart Failure or Pacemaker
* Known blood clots, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Arteriovenous Malformation, carotid blockage, or high stroke potential/history
* Breast Implants – I can work around the older versions, the newer ones are more solid.
* Injectables – Botox, Juvederm, collagen or fat fillers. I need to know precisely where these are.
Specific Conditions This Work Will Help
Lymphedema – If it’s very swollen, that is permanent, but it helps symptoms greatly. Prevention of this condition is where this work makes more of a difference, or in its early stages.
Cold / Flu – reduction in duration
Cellulite – is a lymphatic problem. Therapy over time helps to minimize and smooth out skin
Nasal and Sinus Congestion – Immediate for acute issues.
Dental Issues – post surgery or infection. Pre-surgery helps keep tissue healthy.
TMJ – Helps to reduce the tension around the jaw, and at the base of the skull
Acne – cleans tissue internally so deeper-seated eruptions don’t occur
Swollen Lymph nodes in neck – this flushes them and reduces them in size. The exception is serious illness.
Swelling at the clavicle area – this is where lymph drains into the blood, and is often congested
Breast Tenderness /Swelling – reduction in swelling and discomfort in breast & underarm.
Scar Tissue – Either internal or external. This takes a longer series of sessions
Lipomas – benign fatty tumors. These also usually take several visits to dissolve. Sometimes, it’s 1 visit.
Joint stiffness – often there’s fluid around the joint, or in a joint closer to the drainage point, preventing flow
Heavy feeling in limbs – usually a structural blockage at underarm or groin. Upper body is quicker. Lower body may require several visits.
Digestive Issues – Most of the lymph is in the abdomen. This reduces the waste around the organs and actually aids digestion, as the small intestine cannot digest everything. About 70% of our immune system is found in the GI tract. Colitis and IBS are considered to be autoimmune disease, and this therapy helps to strengthen and balance the immune system.
Reproductive Issues – Fibroids, cysts, scars, and many other issues in this area will benefit. There is often a lot of scar tissue from childbirth, abdominal surgeries, and endometriosis. The sessions will help to get all the waste out of the area so the tissues can heal.
Leg Swelling – This condition is surprisingly challenging, because the lymph needs to travel all the way up to the clavicle on the left side. When someone is seeking lymphatic drainage for leg swelling, please be aware that I may not get to the legs immediately. Usually there is a lot of blockage in the abdomen that has built up in the tissue for years. They will notice a reduction in swelling even when I don’t work their legs because of this.
Cancer – This is listed as a contraindication on the Arcturus website. That is because they want people addressing cancer with this treatment to take the training. This helps to get the chemotherapy out of the body as quickly as possible after it’s done its job. This also helps to clear out the dead tumor cells, as they swell to 5 times their size when they die and can cause a major backup if left to sit in the tissue. I need to know if someone has cancer, whether or not they are treating it. Must wait 72 hours after chemo for treatment
Orthopedic Problems – Occasionally, these issues will have dramatic pain reduction.
What LET Doesn’t Help
Structural issue, especially in the back. Disc problems, spinal problems, etc. This will help reduce general back pain because it decreases inflammation in the soft tissue, but it won’t actually solve their issue.